Make a Hand Felted Bowl Workshop with tutor, Debbie Tomkies
Saturday 8th July 2023 | 10am - 4pm
In this fun Make & Take workshop you’ll be dyeing your own, unique hand-felted vessel in your choice of colours and designs. Debbie will be demonstrating some simple techniques and showing you how to create your bowl. You can then choose from a range of Debbie’s gorgeous wool fibres and threads to make your own bowl. Embellish with stitch, beads and threads if you wish and take home your vessel at the end of the day.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners as well as those who want to brush up their skills or simply enjoy a fun day making a lovely felted vessel!
What you will learn:
- How to set up your space, what equipment and materials you will use and how to prepare your fibre for felting.
- The essential principles of wet-felting – what types of felting methods there are, what fibres you can felt and how the fibres are used.
- How to create a 3D piece of felt and shape into a bowl or similar vessel.
- Adding embellishments.
- Finishing your vessel.
Debbie loves to teach and has been a felter for over 20 years so you’ll be able to pick her brains for tips, tricks and hacks! Debbie’s sessions are fun and enjoyable. The pace is relaxed and there is plenty of time to ask questions and chat.
There are 10 places on this workshop.
Wear clothes that you don't mind getting a splash of dye on.
- Materials, refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day.
- A special 10% discount voucher. This can be used once in store, exclusions include workshops, Scheepjes, gift cards and colour packs.
- Once purchased you will receive a letter explaining more about the day. Letters will be sent out nearer to the workshop date.
N.B. Sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control workshops and events may be cancelled. At which point the cost of your workshop will be fully refunded. We cannot be held liable for any travel costs incurred.
Please note if you choose to make a cancellation within 7 days of the event, you will still be charged.